Interested in Volunteering?
Thank you for your interest in Volunteering for Girls on the Run of Montgomery County, PA! There are many opportunities to volunteer with our program, from coaching to fundraising, marketing, volunteer recruitment & retention, race day committees, Solemates Charity program, program development, administrative support and Advisory Board positions. Please contact us at email@example.com to receive an application and schedule an interview.
- The program is offered in the Spring (mid-February to mid-May).
- Most of our programs meet twice a week after school for 1 ½ hours. Coaches are expected to attend every session.
- Each site has 3 Coaches, including a “Site Liaison”, who is the point person for the location.
Site Liaison duties:
- Prepare bi-weekly lesson plans. GOTR of Montgomery County, PA provides all materials for the lessons. Coaches prepare by reading the lessons and cutting out game pieces.
- Serve as a role model for the girls by being on time, listening attentively, having a positive demeanor and outlook, and leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Encourage and cheer the girls on as they play games and run laps.
- Coach the girls on proper stretching, running form, hydration, and sports nutrition.
- Mediate disputes among participants in a prompt, respectful manner.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with the Council Director and other area coaches.
- Be your real self with the girls at all times, and above all, have fun with them.
- Attend the coaches training, end of season 5K and banquet.
- CPR & First Aid certification.
- Mandatory attendance of a full day coaches training with the Council Director.
- Mandatory attendance of 2 coaches meetings per session.
- Coordinate the community service project and, the end of the season, team celebration.
- Attend workouts and serve as number one encourager, cheer leader, finish line greeter and high fiver.
- Provide support for the Site Liaison and, if necessary, substitute for her.
- Provide one-on-one attention to girls in need of extra help.
- Run or walk with the girls and encourage them to put their best effort into the workouts.
- Give advise on running or speed-walking technique and pacing.
- Mandatory attendance of Coaches Training & 2 Coaches meetings.
- Attend the end of season 5K and banquet.
Requirements for all volunteers:
- Genuine interest in leading a healthy life.
- Interest in physical fitness or running.
- Commitment to the mission of GOTR.
- Reliable, honest and positive outlook on life.
- Interest in the issues facing young women today.
- Desire to get involved in a nonprofit organization and help create public awareness.
Interested in Volunteering?
To volunteer please fill out a volunteer application and health and history form. To download and fill out these forms please
Please complete these forms and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 215-392-8002, or mail to P.O. Box 502, Ambler, PA 19002-0502. Once we receive these forms you will be contacted for an interview.